I've always wanted to get threaded but I heard it's really painful, so I always resort to getting waxed. I'm never really satisfied with my results but can't rock a uni-brow everywhere I go! I have too much hair to rely on tweezing. Do you have any tips?
Frida Look Alike
OMG.. a uni is sooo unchic.. trust because I, too, am naturally born with one. But beauty is pain and being hairy is a bitch. My Aaji claims that unis are good luck and always refers to this one Indian actress, Kajol, who keeps her uni but threads the brow? ..I don't know.
Anyways, the first time I got threaded, I balled my eyes out and only let the lady do one side. So after that horrific event, I decided to go the waxing route ..which never turned out pretty because all the ladies complained that my eye brows were TOO thick.. PLUS they would tweeze after the wax. (Ush. a one-hour ordeal) Totes a disaster & waste of time.
It wasn't until my first India trip ever that I realized threading is the ONLY way to go for "thick" unis/brows.
Here are my tips:
1. Go to an Indian place first (they are fast, efficient & the most painless it will get)
2. Clench your jaw really hard so you can't feel the pain
3. Close your eyes at all costs
4. Carry a tube of Aloe Vera just in case the ladies forget to put some on afterwards, it helps the burning
5. Remember that beauty is pain
Hey Ranis! Do you need advice..Or have any questions, comments or concerns? Contact Me, and I'll do my best to reply! XoX